Sunrise Chasers and Sunset Catchers

Tuesday, August 9, 2022


He asked me what I preferred, the sunrise or the sunset.  I sat for a moment thinking of my response.   

  

I love a good sunrise, but there’s something about the sunset that I fondly replay in my mind. All of the times I’ve stayed up late laying in the grass, watching the colors in the sky swirl like cotton candy on a stick and then slowly transform into a vastness of stars that overtake the night.  The sunset allows you to drink in the day, reminding you of its pleasures through its evening sky awash in clouds of pink and peach.  Crickets sing and the sun reddens in its descent, creating a moment words don’t reach.  It’s my time to unwind, my time to collect my thoughts, to reflect on the day and dream about the future.  “Sunset,” I told him.   


When I asked him, “what about you?” He said he preferred the sunrise, the first rays of sun peak over the edge of the earth exploding in a vibrancy of orange and yellow and everything is bathed in a foggy, blissful light.  But I already knew in my mind that’s what he’d say, because sunrises are only captured by those willing to make it happen.  The sunrise sets the tone for the day, holding the promise of adventure.  It’s as if 6:00am is an epiphany that sparks at your fingertips and spreads until your body is overwhelmed by a feeling of adrenaline pumping in your veins.  He’s the kind of guy always ready to face the day and conquer any challenges that come his way. He inspires me to wake up early and seize the dawn as its golden hue lights up the horizon; to be a sunrise chaser, accepting each day’s invitation to step into the unknown and let adventure unfold.           


There’s a sunrise and sunset every single day and they’re absolutely free.  We shouldn’t miss so many of them.  So go out and chase the sunrise, stay up and catch the sunset.  Take notice of the different shades and shapes of clouds everyday.  And in the space between each one, don’t waste time, soak it all in.  Each day is a new wonder to revel in, a new memory to cherish.  


May the sunrise bring you determination, and fill your soul with possibility. May the sunset bring you peace, and see you that much nearer your goals.     


I hope spontaneity guides you as you chase the sunrise and catch the sunset.  

Post a Comment

© Jade's Gems . Design by FCD.