Happy New Year

Saturday, January 1, 2022

 


            There’s the clinking of glasses on New Years Eve amidst the laughing and cheering of friends and family.  Fireworks shower the dark sky with streams of light in celebration of the New Year.  There's the streamers, the confetti and glitter, the games and the fellowship.  The festivities from last night fills you with a sense of wonder.  Another year past.  Another spring, another summer, another fall, another Christmas.  While sometimes it can be hard to let go of precious seasons in life and moments you wish could last forever, there’s so much excitement for the coming year as the thought of new stories and new beginnings unravel through your mind.  

 

            What new adventures are around the corner? What challenges lie in wait for you to grab hold of and conquer? Who will you meet? Who will you impact and who will impact you?  

 

            For me, last year was about discovering who I am, figuring out my dreams and ambitions and learning to grow in the Lord. And while I will always continue to grow, this year is about seeking adventure by stepping into the unknown, taking a leap of faith and fully trusting God to lead me wherever I may walk or run whether things go according to plan or not.  Fully embracing the person I know I am, standing by truth, and going to my Lord who has been waiting for me to show up and step into all that He’s promised for my life.  Sometimes God is going to call us to do things we don’t feel comfortable doing- but that doesn’t mean you don’t do it.  You have courage.  You stand tall.  You be vigilant.  You be active.  You be brave and you run the race set before you. No hesitation, just trusting in His promises that never break.     

 

            "Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see,” (Hebrews  11:1).  Sometimes it’s all I can do to read a verse and will myself to believe it.  I wish I could say I was always confident in it.  But often I have to fight for that confidence, which I don’t think is a bad thing.  It’s part of being human, it’s part of the growth process.   

 

            This year, I want to have faith in the Lord, to remember his faithfulness in my life, and to trust He knows what is best for me and that He will never fail me. To be faithful even when facing the unknown.  

 

            So, what are you waiting for?  It’s January 1st, 2022.  A new year.  A fresh start.  Have faith.  Step into the unknown and watch adventure unfold as God leads you into all that He has promised for your life.             

 


Post a Comment

© Jade's Gems . Design by FCD.