freedom

Friday, July 24, 2020


free·dom
/ˈfri:dəm/

noun

1. there is no elixir like returning to the endless sea which meets the extensive horizon.

2. the salted waves lick my legs and the sun kisses my skin.  how can we know the shipwrecked lullabies of those who went before us?  did they feel pain the way we sometimes feel it, when our chains drag us down?  those chains of bondage and despair.  perhaps they made it to this place- this place of rebirth and vibrant life, where they can find a joy so bold it can never be taken away from them. 

3. however we get there, I’m willing to try. to reach the untamable expanse of opportunity.  to reach the feeling of being fully alive.  the place we go to be healed, to be made new.  where our chains may sever and evanesce. 

4. how can we know the heart of the Creator who brought this feeling to reality?  it’s in His love this place is found. it’s in His arms we go to experience this feeling, so rapid with life.

5. it is here my Savior breaks my chains.  it is here my soul finds rest.

Post a Comment

© Jade's Gems . Design by FCD.