Pursue Your Purpose

Monday, August 19, 2019


There are times when I feel lost.  There are times when I feel lonely.  There are times when I feel as though I have lost all of the depth to me, everything that made me, me.  It’s difficult to figure out how that is even possible.  How do I just lose everything that seemingly makes me the person I am meant to be?  Maybe it was when I stopped taking the time to sit, to write, to think through life.  Maybe it was when I went to people with my issues before I even thought those problems out with myself.  Maybe it was when I stopped taking the time to pray.  To trust Jesus.  To talk to Him and allow Him to take control.  Maybe it happened when I stopped pursuing the very thing that gave me purpose.  That made me, me. 

                  So.  Purpose.  What is it?  What is my purpose and how do I pursue it?  I’ll tell you my purpose: to walk the path the Lord has set before me.  To walk in His truth and His unwavering love.  To love the unlovable, the way He loved.  To serve with a kind and giving heart the way He served so selflessly and lovingly.  To share all of the love and joy He fills me with daily, to all I know so that they may seek Him too.  To die to my flesh over and over and over again, every single day. To take up my cross and follow in His footsteps.  That is my purpose.  That is what drives me.  That is where I find myself, in the arms of the Savior who will never change, will never give up on me and will never ever leave me.  When I pursue that, everything that makes me who I am, all of the depth in me returns, and I am made whole.  I am completed.    

                  How do I pursue my purpose?  I pray.  I love.  I walk the path the Lord gave me the map to and I follow it.  Is it easy to go astray?  Absolutely.  Wouldn’t it just be easier to stray from the path and succumb to all of the lies the world throws our way, rather than to stay confident in His truth and the purpose He has planted in us? Absolutely.  Because going through trials and temptations and experiencing the struggle and difficulty it takes to stay true to a God of a world where so many millions and millions of people despise Him is hard.  It’s disheartening and after a while you just want to give up.  But guess what?  Jesus won’t give up on you.  He bled and died for you because He believes in you and by trusting in Him and in His strength and power you will make it.  Let’s not give up on Him.  It won’t be easy. But it will be worth it.   

Everything has purpose.  Everyone has purpose.  Every star that burns in the night sky, every wave that brushes the seashore, every laugh that floods our ears, every tear that streaks our face and every human being that has ever existed has a purpose they could never have dreamed of.  I only hope we never cease to remember.  Pursue your purpose.  This is what we must do.  Pursue our purpose.  Pursue our purpose with a passion and hold onto the Creator who put that purpose in us.  He will never disappoint.                    

4 comments

  1. thisssss <3 <3 <3 this post is BEAUTIFUL. thanks so much for the lovely reminder!
    also, hello! i recently found your blog and had to follow because your words are amazing.

    -Ash | ashronnel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ash! Thank you so much for your lovely comment!! 😊

      Delete

© Jade's Gems . Design by FCD.